1. Let the music move you- Music has a powerful ability to alter our mood. Spend a little time creating a happy music mix. To make the cut, this song has to make you smile and tap your toes. Use this “tool” to chase away the blah!
2. Turn that frown upside down– you will be amazed at how much better you feel just donning a smile. Muscles have memory, even smile muscles. Try it! Smile right now…feel that? Happiness…
3. Get moving– motion creates EMOTION! Get up and get moving. It doesn’t even have to be formal exercise, stretch, have a dance party or bounce a ball.
4. Reprogram the tapes– everyone has negative tapes that play in their head. It is programming from childhood and reinforced through life experiences. While you did not create them, you can reprogram. First you have to catch the thought and IMMEDIATELY replace it with a positive thought. Example, “I am so dumb”. Replacement “I am learning”.
5. Watch your mouth– The power of life and death lies in the tongue. Complaining, commiserating and negative self talk breeds negative thought processes and negative results.
6. Turn the channel on drama– the old saying GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) is so true. Shock value news stories, Lifetime style melodramas and negative people are detrimental to your joy and success. According to a recent article from Psychology Today, negative stories increases feelings of worry, fear and depression. Ain’t nobody got time for that! You are the keeper of the gateway to your soul…guard it!